Holy Mother of Pearl Batman! I received not one but two bloggey nominations from two fabulous fellow bloggers My Daily Jenn-ism and The Vintage Boomer! Thanks Mamas!! Really, it's quite shocking since I just burst onto this scene. I really think I am a bit in over my head with this bloggey stuff... oh... and did I mention... I started a FB page? (Yea, I'm pimpin myself... call it narcissism if you will) Yea, I did that. I must be crazy. Anyway, here's the dealio- There are certain rules that come with this nod so here goes:
The Rules:
1. Include the award logo in a post or on you blog page
2. Answer 10 questions about yourself
3. Nominate 10-12 other famous bloggers
4. Link your nominees to your post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the nomination
5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you
Now that I shared the rules, let me add that while I am honored to be nominated I kinda feel like I'm in a weird sort of chain mail thing... but ya know what, I kinda like it (narcissism aside of course) :P
Ten Questions and Answers:
1. What would you most like to change about yourself?
Well this is deep. Mostly I would like to change wanting to change, ya know. I wish I were more comfortable in my own skin. I am not. Anxiety abounds and that sucks. It affects ones perception of everything. I would also like to be fabulously gorgeous, skinny, and independently wealthy.
Well this is deep. Mostly I would like to change wanting to change, ya know. I wish I were more comfortable in my own skin. I am not. Anxiety abounds and that sucks. It affects ones perception of everything. I would also like to be fabulously gorgeous, skinny, and independently wealthy.
2. What is your theme song?
I wrestled with this one for a while. I love music, and have several favorite artists, and I spent a while pondering several songs that I absolutely love and this what I settled on- 'What I Am'- Edie Brickell- cuz I'm not aware of too many things, but I know what I know, if ya know what I mean. That and someone once told me this song made them think of me.
I wrestled with this one for a while. I love music, and have several favorite artists, and I spent a while pondering several songs that I absolutely love and this what I settled on- 'What I Am'- Edie Brickell- cuz I'm not aware of too many things, but I know what I know, if ya know what I mean. That and someone once told me this song made them think of me.
3. One part of your life, a memory or action, etc. that you wish you could surgically remove from your brain:
Oh gosh, well now this is tough. I would like to believe that I don't regret things, because truly they make us who we are, but I can think of several things here. My first pregnancy and the loss of it... that memory sort of rises to the top. But the experience of the pain has shaped me, and so no, I don't want to remove it. Perhaps a more realistic action to remove? Wearing a black mid-drift tank top w/ the word 'Crazy for You' to the amusement park as a kid. Other kids found it amusing, and I found it embarrassing, but it was the 80s, and we were poor, and it was a hand-me-down from my uber cool cousin... what'cha gonna do, ya know...
Oh gosh, well now this is tough. I would like to believe that I don't regret things, because truly they make us who we are, but I can think of several things here. My first pregnancy and the loss of it... that memory sort of rises to the top. But the experience of the pain has shaped me, and so no, I don't want to remove it. Perhaps a more realistic action to remove? Wearing a black mid-drift tank top w/ the word 'Crazy for You' to the amusement park as a kid. Other kids found it amusing, and I found it embarrassing, but it was the 80s, and we were poor, and it was a hand-me-down from my uber cool cousin... what'cha gonna do, ya know...
4. What generation do you wish you had been a part of?
I kind of wish I had been in my teens/ early 20s in the late 70s early 80s mostly because of the music, and I don't mean disco. I'm talking about Fleetwood Mac and The Rolling Stones, Rock N Roll n such. I believe I was born about a decade too late...
I kind of wish I had been in my teens/ early 20s in the late 70s early 80s mostly because of the music, and I don't mean disco. I'm talking about Fleetwood Mac and The Rolling Stones, Rock N Roll n such. I believe I was born about a decade too late...
5. What was your favorite childhood toy?
We was poor when I was kid, just sos ya know. I can't name one specific thing. I loved my fashion plates, and my barbie dolls, and my homemade cabbage patch kid (Cindy-Lou) and various stuffed critters. I was not particularly partial to one.
We was poor when I was kid, just sos ya know. I can't name one specific thing. I loved my fashion plates, and my barbie dolls, and my homemade cabbage patch kid (Cindy-Lou) and various stuffed critters. I was not particularly partial to one.
6. What is your favorite housecleaning chore?
Seriously? I don't play favorites when it comes to housecleaning chores. I hate them all equally. There is not one redeeming factor about the lot. Laundry, dishes, vacuuming, cleaning toilets, mopping floors... doing any of these things sucks. I do not enjoy any of them. Perhaps the better question would be which is my least favorite... hmmm... Nope. Still, I hate them all equally.
Seriously? I don't play favorites when it comes to housecleaning chores. I hate them all equally. There is not one redeeming factor about the lot. Laundry, dishes, vacuuming, cleaning toilets, mopping floors... doing any of these things sucks. I do not enjoy any of them. Perhaps the better question would be which is my least favorite... hmmm... Nope. Still, I hate them all equally.
7. Do you Twitter?
I twitter-pated when I was young. But then most teenage girls do. They twitter-pate over this boy or that boy. Heck, sometimes my husband can still make me twitter-pate. I know that's not what was meant by twitter. I do not live under a rock. Twitter annoys me, and therefore I do not.
I twitter-pated when I was young. But then most teenage girls do. They twitter-pate over this boy or that boy. Heck, sometimes my husband can still make me twitter-pate. I know that's not what was meant by twitter. I do not live under a rock. Twitter annoys me, and therefore I do not.
8. Any Goals?
Ask me again in November, because my sole purpose right now is to make it til then with my sanity intact.
Ask me again in November, because my sole purpose right now is to make it til then with my sanity intact.
9. Do you really drink Margaritas all the time?
I do not. Which is sad. My husband bought an epic Margaritaville Margarita Machine last year for Mother's Day in an attempt to ease my anger about him taking a job in the 'sandbox'. It is epic. Huge in fact, and it's size in comparison to my kitchen... well... if it does not fit, you must acquit, and in this case Mr. Margarita Machine spends a lot of time in my basement atop the dryer. And this is why I do not drink them every day. Also, purchasing tequila etc in the liqueur store with 4 children hanging off you... well... let's just say it doesn't look good.
I do not. Which is sad. My husband bought an epic Margaritaville Margarita Machine last year for Mother's Day in an attempt to ease my anger about him taking a job in the 'sandbox'. It is epic. Huge in fact, and it's size in comparison to my kitchen... well... if it does not fit, you must acquit, and in this case Mr. Margarita Machine spends a lot of time in my basement atop the dryer. And this is why I do not drink them every day. Also, purchasing tequila etc in the liqueur store with 4 children hanging off you... well... let's just say it doesn't look good.
10. What is the ugliest car you have ever driven and were embarrassed to be seen in?
There is something you must know before I answer this question. I used to have a beautiful white Ford Mustang- 5 speed manual transmission, big V-8 engine, all the bells and whistles. My standards are high. My x-husband once had a Plymouth Gran Fury, that was pretty hideous and brown. Like a big brown turd really. There were also several other less than stellar autos in my past- the x's Suzuki Samarai with it's top speed of snail, a Honda Prelude with fabulous bondo trim, and the Toyota Tercel... nothing really wrong with it... it was just embarrassing.
Ok, there it. My 10 get to know me questions. Time to pass this little nod off to some other great folks.
Here is my list of nominations for the Sunshine Blog Award. I nominated these folks because, to be honest, I haven't got a huge list of blogs that I'm reading. That said- I thoroughly enjoy the ones I do read. You all rock, even if I don't comment on every post! ;)
There is something you must know before I answer this question. I used to have a beautiful white Ford Mustang- 5 speed manual transmission, big V-8 engine, all the bells and whistles. My standards are high. My x-husband once had a Plymouth Gran Fury, that was pretty hideous and brown. Like a big brown turd really. There were also several other less than stellar autos in my past- the x's Suzuki Samarai with it's top speed of snail, a Honda Prelude with fabulous bondo trim, and the Toyota Tercel... nothing really wrong with it... it was just embarrassing.
Ok, there it. My 10 get to know me questions. Time to pass this little nod off to some other great folks.
Here is my list of nominations for the Sunshine Blog Award. I nominated these folks because, to be honest, I haven't got a huge list of blogs that I'm reading. That said- I thoroughly enjoy the ones I do read. You all rock, even if I don't comment on every post! ;)
1. You Know It Happens At Your House Too
2. Food Good, Laundry Bad
3. Figuring it Out as we Grow
4. The Real Housewife of Santee
5. The Underachiever's Guide to Being a Domestic Goddess
6. Somewhat Sane Mom
7. Twins Happen
and yea... since I'm just getting started and I'm mostly self-absorbed I only made it up to 7 blogs before I was like... Uhhhhh... idk. So yea... I almost feel like it's one of those forward or God will kill kittens things... but it gives me a chance to talk about me, and and pimp myself... and what blogger doesn't want to do that?! I knew you would understand :P
All joking aside, thank you again The Vintage Boomer and My Daily Jenn-ism, I appreciate the face time!
Now back to your regularly scheduled blog posts... already in progress!
Cheers folks!

Thank you love!! xo
ReplyDeleteThank you, thank you, thank you!!
ReplyDeleteYou are either going to scream in frustration - or joy - I hope the latter - but I am tagging you with another award - the Liebster Award! I hope you'll accept it as I did though I know it's a bit of work! Work that you've just done - lol But the same thing has happened to me. I was awarded the Liebster and bam the Sunshine Award two days later so I have more work ahead of me too. Misery loves company? Great blog you have here and I will be following. Here are the details of the award... http://www.notmymomsblog.com/2012/07/big-helping-of-steak-and-liebster.html
ReplyDeleteBest, and keep blogging!
Kim
I LOVE your blog! I am kind of obsessed! Stopping by from the TGIF blog hop( so glad I did) and am now your newest follower:) Hope you can come check out Crazy Mama Drama !
ReplyDeletehttp://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846
Thank you!!! Sorry I am just now picking this up, I am not quite sure where I have been. I'm so glad you have linked up this week and I hope you keep coming back ;)
ReplyDelete