Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I AM ________???

Usually I am not one to follow the curve so to speak. I don't buy into fads, and I don't jump on the bandwagon... unless it's serving fruity drinks. I stay just on the fringes of most clique-y type things. Always have. Some things never change. So today when You Know It Happens At Your House Too issued a little challenge to folks in bloggy-land, initially I shied away from it, because that's what I do. I even started working on a blog entry about painful social awkwardness... which is on hold now. After seeing post after post from her today on my FB wall and reading blog after blog... It hit me... I NEED to do this. To put my inner dialogue down on paper for 5 minutes. To write a few affirmations that I can come back too and say yes... that's me. This is who I am.
So here was the challenge:

"Set a timer for five minutes and write. Write using the prompt I AM __________. Don't edit, don't proofread, don't change it. You are not required to share it with anyone, even though I hope you do, but keep it close by so that on those days when you are feeling really horrible about yourself (we all know that we have those days), you can look back and remember all the things that make you wonderful."

and here goes:

I am a mother to 4 amazing intelligent funny children.

I am a wife to the most amazing man. He saves me daily even though he's on the other side of the globe.

I am a survivor of emotional abuse from my first husband. I still have the scars but I am stronger for it.

I am Stronger than I ever knew I could be. Walking away from abuse, surviving pregnancy loss, living without my love so he can provide for our family.

I am funny as hell. This is a given. I come from a long line of funny albeit depressed people.

I am suffering from depression, but get up and keep moving every day because I have love in my life.

I am introverted and antisocial and socially awkward and- you know what? That is ok! Because it makes me who I am and I have people in my life who accept me the way I am and that totally rocks!

And POOOF.... my 5 minutes are up! Seriously. I did proofread... I do that. I make no apologies for that. Now that this is done and I'm feeling pretty dang good about it... I'm gonna go back to my Litany of Social Awkwardness which will be coming soon to computer screen near you. Take this challenge... even if you don't blog. Take the challenge on paper with a pen or hell... even a crayon... maybe a sharpie. Affirmations that make you proud will also make you smile, and smiling is good (said the depressed girl whose antidepressants aren't working so great!) DO IT!
Awkward & Awesome!
p.s. I am out of cigarettes... and that is not good.....

2 comments:

  1. BRAVO Mama....and I love every little quirk in your body! <3 I shall try to do this tomorrow as I am exhausted right at this moment! ( & you know I cant blog...LMAO)
    LYM!

    ReplyDelete

You can put some words here if ya want.